There are 2 things you learn, when you teach kiteboarding in light wind, for 17 years …
“What Does, and what, Doesn’t work”.
What Works Best :
- Teach students how important it is to be great at flying the kite.
- Teach students how important it is to keep the kite flying, unless they want it down.
- Teach students how to calm the kite down vs, how to kill the kite.
- Teach students how to fly be feel and not rely on sight.
- Teach students how to fly the kite with one hand.
- Teach students how to save a kite from falling or crashing.
- Teach students the tricks to flying and kiting in light wind.
- Teach students how to be independent and self sufficient.
- Teach students what to practice with the kite that benefits them the most.
- Teach students how to balance and maintain proper body position when flying.
- Tech students how to Self Launch, Self Land, Self Rescue, with the kite.
- Teach students how to pick a safe kite launch, riding area, and exit point.
What Doesn’t Work:
- Putting students in the water before they learn to fly a kite well.
- Putting students in the water before they learn to fly one handed.
- Teaching students that letting the kite fall or crash is fine.
- Putting students in the water when the wind is to light to perform water skills.
- Selling students to big of a kite, for their own comfort level and or size.
- Telling students they are qualified for board skills, when they can’t even body drag.
- Telling students they don’t need to practice flying their kite.
- Teaching students that relaunching is the only option needed when kite is down.
- Failing to teach students how to self launch, self landing, and self rescue.
- Failing to provide students with a helmet and lifejacket when teaching.
- Failing to teach students how to emergency de-power (kill) the kite.
Take your kiteboard / Kitesurf lessons with, MantaWaterSports.com, and Learn the fastest and safest way to kiteboard.
IKO & PASA certified instruction. Teaching this sport since 1999.
After you take your lesson, ask us about the best equipment for you to continue in this exciting sport.